The Oregon Youth Authority’s blog and social media pages are open forums, but they are family-friendly, so please keep your comments clean. If you do not comply, your message will be edited or removed. Only comments that comply with this standard will receive approval by state agency staff for posting.
- Comments must be topically related to the particular content.
- We will not allow personal attacks or vulgar, abusive, offensive, threatening, or harassing language. This includes creative spellings of swear words using asterisks or spaces between words.
- We will not allow comments that promote, foster, or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
- We will not allow comments that contain sexual content or links to sexual content.
- We will not allow comments that are solicitations of commerce.
- We will not allow comments that conduct or encourage illegal activity.
- We will not allow comments with information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- We will not allow comments that violate an ownership interest of any other party.
- We will not allow comments that promote or oppose any person campaigning for election to a political office, or promote or oppose any ballot proposition.
- We will not allow comments that disclose information which the agency and its employees must keep confidential by law or administrative rule.
The Oregon Youth Authority does not guarantee or warrant that any information contained in citizen comments is correct; OYA disclaims any liability for any loss or damage resulting from any reliance on such information. You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username, and any information provided.
Opinions expressed in comments do not necessarily reflect official positions of the Oregon Youth Authority.
Communications made through this blog or through social media sites will in no way constitute a legal or official notice to the Oregon Youth Authority or any official or employee of the state of Oregon for any purpose.
Use of this website or OYA social media pages constitutes acceptance of this policy. Any information posted here is public information and may be subject to monitoring, moderation, or disclosure to third parties.
Our use policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.
Reusing Content from this Site or Social Media Pages
If you wish to reuse any content from this blog, especially photos, please contact OYA Communications for permission: OYA.Communications@oya.state.or.us, 503-551-8294. We have very specific policies around use of our youths’ photos, for their safety and privacy.